Whelp, I don't have much of a story to go with this recipe. I just really like lemon pepper popcorn chicken. Y'all know I still have a Paula Dean complex and fry more things than I should. If you want to make this dish healthier than you can always cut out the salt. You could also bake them at 350 until they are brown. You can even change up the seasoning for a different flavor. Sometimes I'll make a garlic batch for my aunt or a plain batch for my Momma. Y'all enjoy and go show Ash and Jess some love.
3 boneless chicken breast
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Breadcrumbs (I use toast)
1 table spoons of flour
1. Heat the cooking oil in a skillet. A little less than a cup shall do.
2. Cut the chicken in little bite size pieces
3. In one bowl have about a cup of buttermilk. In another bowl have about a cup of flour. In the last dish have about a cup of the breadcrumbs as well as salt, paprika and lemon pepper seasoning to taste.
4. Coat the chicken in the four
5. Now coat the chicken in the buttermilk.
6. Coat the chicken in the seasoned breadcrumb mixture
7. Place in the hot grease and cook until brown.
8. Repeat the steps until all the chicken is cooked. Remember to not cook so many pieces at once because grease looses heat quickly.
SHARE THIS | PIN-IT | TWEET IT