It's amost Fall! Y'all know what that means... cooler weather which is a God send her in the south. Y'all know what else is a God send. This quick little meal that will stick to your ribs. In the Fall I always want somethin' hearty that I know will stick to my ribs and fill me up. I also need somethin' quick and easy cause my time is limited. With work startin' up again, football, holiday events etc. I never have the time. That's why I enjoy this 5 ingredient meal.
Can of Kidney Beans or whatever beans you like
1/2 cup of cheese
Cup of rice
1/2 cup of ground beef
1. Cut the tops off the bell pepper and remove the insides.
2. Place the bell pepper in a pot of water and bring the water to a boil. Peppers should be covered in water. Cook until the form beings to change and the peppers are soft.3. While the peppers are boiling cook the rice, kidney beans and ground beef to your likin'. All in separate pots of course.
4. Once the peppers and everythin' else is cooked preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
5. Carefully remove the peppers and drain all the water. Use caution cause the peppers will be hot.
6. Place the peppers in a Pyrex dish of your likin'. Fill each pepper with ground beef, rice and beans. Top them off with cheese. If you are like me then don't be afraid to let the cheese spill over.
7. Cook them at 350 degrees for about 30 mins or until the cheese has melted and the tops begin to brown. It really only took mine 15 mins.