I stand in the kitchen phone in hand. Hungrier than the devil is an understatement. Hungry for supper... hungry to whip somethin' up. Ten days was far to long to not be Barefoot in the kitchen. I was a proud Southerner after-all. I smiled think back to the Three layer Caramel Cake I'd made that was devoured. My life revolved around my next meal. My next creation or ramblin' adventure. I quickly pulled up Facebook. Where was that casserole I had whipped up ages ago and then felt the need to plaster all over the book.
I sat in my little ford at the entrance of the grocery store dreadin' fightin' the crazies. I pulled up Snapchat and began to ramble. Southern or not I was still a millennial. I quickly grabbed everythin' I needed and then made my way to the pasta aisle. I let out a little whoop when I saw we had the RAGU Homestyle Sauce. I quickly rushed my cart through the aisle tryin' to beat and older man to the only free self check-out. I smiled and thought, "Jesus is watchin", when the older man tells me he is late for work and shows me his one item of lip balm and ask if he can go ahead. I eventually make it home gnawin' on a piece of chocolate all the while.
1 package of spiral noodles
2 bushels of Asparagus
2 cups of kidney beans
red, yellow & orange
1 jar of RAGU Homestyle Sauce
1. Cook the pasta accordin' to the package
2. Boil the bell pepper in water for about 20 mins are until they are soft. This helps them baker better and not be so crunchy.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. Optional but I like to sautee my asapagus for a few mins. All you need is a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Chop the bell pepper and the asparagus
5. Pour the cooked pasta in a bakin' dish. I used a cast iron.
6. Add the bell pepper, kidney beans and asparagus.
7. Pour in the jar of RAGU Homestyle Sauce
9. Layer with Mozzarell and bake for 20-30 mins are until the cheese is melted and the RAGU Homestyle Sauce is heated.