Am I the only one obsessed with Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and not in the least offended about how they make us down South look? Crickets... well I'll just continue to be the only one. Y'all know I love me some Honey Boo Boo and often have watch nights with Ride or Die. Well last week was the premier of the new season. My post title comes from the title of the episode. Yep, they were playin' around in butter. Y'all if I did half the things they do growin' up my Momma would of had my hide. This dish was inspired by the show. I didn't know what I wanted to cook for supper but after watching that episode I knew I wanted it to be healthier than normal. Heck, they ate/played in enough butter for all of Texas. Coincidentally we had no butter in the house when I cooked the meal. I walk in the kitchen and my sister is sprayin' butter flavored Pam on her rice because she figured it was the next best thing to butter. I found some chicken in the freezer and was like, "I can work with that." I'm not much for chicken breast so I wanted to "doctor it up." Y'all also know I have been obsessed with basil as of late and if there's a kick to the dish then I'm in. That's just the Cajun girl in me.
8 chicken breast
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1 cup of Basil leaves
4 cloves of chopped garlic
4 tsp of Olive Oil
4 Jalapenos halves
2 tsp Jalapeno juice
1 Preheat the oven at 450 degrees.
2. Make sure you grease your Pyrex dish and clean your chicken. Don't want the chicken sticking or getting anyone sick.
3. Chop the basil, garlic and jalapenos.
4.Add the salt and pepper to the mixture..
5. Cut an inch long slit in each chicken breast.
6. Evenly stuff the mixture in the pockets you cut on the breast.
7. Cut a few pieces of the Gouda cheese and stuff them in the pocket as well. My pockets were overfilled so I crumbled the Gouda and sprinkled it on top.
8. Place each chicken breast in the Pyrex dish and close with toothpicks as needed.
9. Drizzle the jalapeno juice and olive oil on the chicken.
10. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 450 degrees.
SHARE THIS | PIN-IT | TWEET IT